Art & DesignArt is a medium that is accessible to all. We strongly believe that all children can engage with, be inspired by and be motivated to create magnificent works of art. Art encourages expression and visual thinking and provides children with a clear opportunity to share their experiences, thoughts and feelings. We endeavour to nurture a love of the arts amongst our children and provide first hand opportunities to develop as artists.
Our Art curriculum has been developed to:
- Develop childrens knowledge and skills, whilst motivating children to experiment
- Develop childrens ability to reflect and record their experiences
- Inspire children to invent and create their own works of art
- Allow children to think critically about art and art history
- Study a range of artists and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- learn about and analyse the work of artists
- explore techniques and mediums
- develop their critique skills
- articulate their views and opinions
- learn to be reflective and resilient in the development of their art work
As a celebration and end point to each year, children enjoy an art exhibition. This provides an opportunity for children to evaluate their work and to experience first-hand the joy of sharing their art with the school community.
Art & Design Long Term Curriculum Overview